The UF Office of Community Relations is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with individuals, governments and the business communities within the North Central Florida region.
The office exists:
- To serve as an information resource and a point of contact for the community.
- To interface with public officials and community leadership for the identification and resolution of issues of concern to both the university and all sectors of the community.
- To promote the university as a resource to the region.
- To create opportunities for interface between the university and the community.
- To oversee the annual $1 million campaign for local charities.
“The public mission is a school’s conscience, a set of ideals, strategies, and programs going way beyond affordable tuition and quality education – it’s the way college interacts with its neighbors, the way it contributes to building a vibrant and a just democracy.”
- Princeton Review
UF is committed to actively addressing the needs, issues and concerns of our local Gainesville community and to ultimately improve the quality of life for our surrounding communitities.
Thank you for visiting the Office of Community Relations website. Please take the time to review the information and contact our office should you have any questions:
University of Florida Office of Community Relations
PO Box 113158
111 Tigert Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611
T: (352) 392-4567